Idaho murder update: Bryan Kohberger rumors denied by Moscow restaurant where victims worked

Bryan Kohberger appears in court in Idaho for the first time

A restaurant where two of the Idaho murder victims worked has denied rumors that Bryan Kohberger ate there in the weeks before the brutal stabbings.

A former employee of the Mad Greek restaurant in Moscow, where Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle were servers, claimed to Human beings that Kohberger visited at least twice and ordered vegan pizza.

The eatery firmly rejected this claim in a Facebook post on Friday, calling it “completely fabricated information”.

It comes after an Idaho court expanded a gag order issued earlier this month barring law enforcement officials from disclosing information about the slayings of four University of Idaho students and the arrest of their accused killer.

On Thursday, the Latah County Chief Magistrate extended the previous ruling to the duration of the entire court proceedings until a verdict is rendered.

It has also banned the victims’ families from releasing information related to the case.

Meanwhile, the authorities have seized a lot of evidence from Kohberger’s apartment in Washington – but several important items, including the murder weapon, remain undiscovered.

1674313200

Debunked: Online rumors that suspect attended vigil for victims

Widespread online speculation that the suspect arrested in the Idaho murders was present at a vigil for the victims has been debunked by newly surfaced footage, reports Andrea Blanco.

Andrea Blanco21 January 2023 at 3 p.m

1674312000

The suspect appeared in court with cuts on his face

Suspected quadruple killer Bryan Kohberger appeared in court with cuts on his face as he waived his right to a speedy trial on charges of murdering four Idaho students.

Rachel Sharp reports on the proceedings.

Andrea BlancoJanuary 21, 2023 2:40 p.m

1674310800

Voices: The creepy online rumor mill in the Idaho murder case

They were killed in a drug deal gone wrong.

It was revenge for bullying another student who was found dead months earlier.

A disgruntled student blamed them for getting him kicked out of a fraternity.

A group of frat boys decided to continue a fight that broke out at a party earlier that night.

Andrea BlancoJanuary 21, 2023 2:20 p.m

1674310143

Mad Greek restaurant denies Kohberger’s claims

The restaurant where Madison Mogen and Xana Kernodle worked has responded to allegations that Bryan Kohberger ate there twice in the weeks before the Idaho murders.

In a strongly worded Facebook post on Friday, the restaurant called a People Magazine report that quoted an anonymous worker who said Kohberber visited twice “completely fabricated information.”

“The news/media should really do their due diligence before running a story with completely fabricated information. This will be my only response to this story from People … It is not true,” the post signed by Jackie Fischer said.

“This person who wants his 5 minutes of fame has now caused a whole bunch of extra work for myself and the investigators.

“Nor have I prohibited employees from talking to journalists. We all decided to support the families and not share anything that could potentially damage the investigation or cause more stress to the families.

“To all media/reporters/internet specialists, etc.. Please let us mourn the loss of our friends and colleagues. This has been incredibly hard on us. With our phones ringing off the hook, reporters knocking on my door at my private residence min and “chasing” employees, as well as appearing constantly at the restaurant, we haven’t had time to grieve.

“Please stop calling, texting, knocking and showing up. I personally will not be doing any interviews or entertaining wild accusations at this time. My employees also feel the same!

“To everyone else, please don’t believe everything you read. If it doesn’t come from the courts or the police, wait until it does or doesn’t before you judge.

“Thank you to everyone who has supported myself, my family and my staff. Your kind words and support help us get through each day as we navigate these unknown times.”

Megan SheetsJanuary 21, 2023 2:09 p.m

1674309600

Explained: Why the 911 Call Reported an ‘Unconscious Person’

Rachel Sharp explains why that was.

Andrea Blanco21 January 2023 at 2 p.m

1674302400

The victim had moved away from home before the murders

Oliver O’Connell21 January 2023 at 12.00

1674295200

The victim’s father ‘broke down and cried’ at the news of the suspect’s arrest

The devastated father of slain University of Idaho student Madison Mogen has revealed he just “broke down and cried” when he learned his daughter’s accused killer had been arrested by police.

Finally, seven weeks after the Nov. 13 murders, an investigator broke the news that a suspect—Bryan Kohberger—had finally been arrested and charged with their murders.

Oliver O’Connell21 January 2023 at 10.00

1674288000

Voices: I lived through an attack similar to the Idaho murders. We must defend the survivors

Alanna Zabel explains why she is so adamant about supporting the surviving housemates.

Oliver O’Connell21 January 2023 at 08.00

1674280800

ICYMI: The items seized from Bryan Kohberger’s home

Police investigating the slayings of four Idaho students seized numerous items from suspect Bryan Kohberger’s apartment, including possible strands of hair, a disposable glove, items with red and brown stains and a computer, according to a newly unsealed search warrant.

According to the search warrant unsealed Wednesday, these are the items seized from his apartment:

• A black nitrite type glove
  • 1 Walmart receipt with one Dickiestag
  • 2 Marshall’s receipts
  • Dust container from Bissell PowerForce” vacuum
  • 8 possible strands of hair
  • FireTV stick with cable/plug
  • 1 possible strand of animal hair
  • 1 possible hair
  • 1 possible hair
  • 1 possible hair
  • 1 possible strand of hair
  • 1 data tower
  • 1 collection of dark red spot (collected without testing)
  • 2 cuttings from uncovered pad of red/brown spot (larger spot tested)
  • 2 top and bottom mattress covers packed separately with multiple stains (one tested)

Oliver O’Connell21 January 2023 at 06.00

1674273647

Bryan Kohberger’s chilling post as teenager reveals how he felt ‘no emotion and little remorse’

A report from New York Times last week provided insight into the alleged killer’s troubled teenage years and his struggle to feel emotions from a young age.

The Tapatalk profile behind the chilling 2011 posts was linked to the Washington State University PhD criminology student using recollections from former friends of Mr Kohberger, and a username matching an email account he used, according to Times.

Kohberger had previously been described by high school friends as an intellectually gifted teenager who often struggled to socialize and fit in. Someone close to Kohberger has also come forward and said he went from being awkward and bullied to developing an addiction to heroin and becoming a “bully” during his junior year in high school, according to a CBS News report.

But the online discussion forum posts, allegedly made when he was 16, appear to reveal Kohberger’s concerns about his suicidal thoughts, challenges with a disorder he described as “visual snow” — a disorder that causes people to see static, and inability to make contact with their relatives.

“I feel like an organic sack of meat with no intrinsic value,” one post reads. “As I hug my family, I look into their faces, I don’t see anything, it’s like I’m watching a video game, but smaller.”

In another post, the author explored feelings of self-loathing, regretting that he was no longer the “fresh blond-haired boy with blue eyes, and in a few years, [he then had] darker hair and darker eyes, half the body weight”.

He then went on to say that he felt “unintelligent” and as if he was experiencing “depersonalization” and felt “little or no remorse.”

“I often find myself creating simple human interactions, but it’s like I’m playing a role-playing game such as Oblivion; I can see what’s going on, I’m kind of interested in it, but I can pause the game and focus on my real life,” the post said.

It continues: “I look at everything as I would if I were playing oblivion, meaningless and full of nothingness, outside of reality. I’m moving out of my house, my last vacation was already lived, but where was I? As my family group hugs and celebrates, I’m stuck in this void of nothing, feeling absolutely no emotion, feeling nothing.”

“I feel dirty, like there’s dirt inside my head, my thoughts, I’m always dizzy and confused.”

Bryan Kohberger, right, accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November 2022, is escorted into a courtroom for a hearing in Latah County District Court, Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023, in Moscow, Idaho

(AP)